Everest Trekking Via Jiri
Everest Base Camp Trek From Jiri Highlight Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Jiri Villages of legendary Sherpa people Namche Bazaar gate way of Mt. Everest Everest panoramic view from Syangboche Climbing Kalapathar (5545m) Great view of Mt, Everest, Mt Lhotse and other mountains from Kalapathar Everest base camp and Khhumbu glacier and ice fall.
Everest base camp trek from Jiri is the most traditional trekking trail of Everest region. This is the same route which was used by the early expedition teams to climb Everest from Nepal by Sir Edmund Hilary from New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa from Nepal, the first successful climbers of Mount Everest went through this trail to climb Mount Everest.
Everest base camp trek from Jiri begins from Jiri after six hours tranquility of the hills and scenery drive from Kathmandu by private vehicle. The Jiri Bazaar(1905m) more attractive and a number of teahouse and shops provide a service for trekkers. In Jiri, we will recommend you to visit cheese factory project.
The Jiri Everest base camp trek commence from Jiri following the old renown trail to Shivalaya. After few minute walk, you will cross a stream the trail up to the hill Bharkur. From Bharkur the trail continues to assent to the Patashe Danda(2400m/7872ft). From Mali Sherpa settlement the trail continues to descend Yelung Khola and dovan than you can view on Shivalaya hill side into the Khumti Jhola valley. The trail pass through the beautiful village of Bahandar, Set, Junbeshi, Nunthala, Bupsa, Ghat. After you come to Ghat, from there you follow the route of a currently popular route from Lukla. While walking you visit delightful Sherpa villages, where you’ll meet the friendly people and soak up the colors, sights, and sounds of village life as well as the spirituality of Tibetan Buddhism so prevalent in the Himalayas.
The last destination of Jiri Everest base camp trek is Kalapathar (5545m/18187ft) and Everest Base Camp. The period of Classic Everest Trekking a little bit long. In this trekking, you will experience an unbeatable combination of natural beauty and cultural splendor. The prominent mountains to be sighted during trekking are Mt. Gaurishanker, Mt. Kwangde, Mt. Twache, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Thamserku and Mt. Everest.
Everest Base Camp Trek From Jiri Itinerary
What is Included in the Cost
- Airport to hotel pick and drop by private vehicle
- Two night accommodation in Kathmandu at three star hotel with breakfas.
- Accommodation in Mountain lodge run by local people during trek
- Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during trekking
- One highly experienced mountain Guide and porters (1 porter for 2 people),
- Accommodation food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of both trek guide and porters
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit)
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits
- TIMS Card (Trekker’s Information Management System card)
- All additional government tax
- Domestic flight from Lukla to Kathmandu with airport tax.
- Domestic flight from Lukla to Kathmandu with airport tax. for Guide and Porter
- Kathmandu to Jiri bus ticket
What is Excluded in the Cost
- Nepal entry visa fee (USD 25 for 15 days/ USD 40 for 30 days from date of issue) (You may easily get Nepal visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu)
- International air fare
- Travelers insurance
- All kind of drinks (Alcohol, hot and cold drinks)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (Approx 10-12 USD)
- Bar bills, telephone bills and other personal expenses (shopping/ laundry)
- Tips to guide and porter
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. Personal illness, strike etc.
- Helicopter evacuation charge in case of emergency whilst trekking
- Trip Duration : 19 day(s)
- Trip Grade : Moderate
- Price : USD 1200
- Destinations : Everest Base Camp Trek From Jiri
- Trek Start from: : Bhandara
- Trek End at: : Lukla
- Trek start Elevation: : 2,040m/6691ft
- Highest Elevation : : 5555m/18220ft
- Group Size : : 2-15 People
- Best time: : September, October, November, December, February, March, April
- Mode of Trek: : Teahouse / Tent
- Gold Price: : USD 1645 Per Pax Twin Sharing