Kailash Trek by Simikot Humla Via Limi Valley -19 days (Saga Dawa Festival) 2019
“The start of any journey- whether pilgrimage or promenade- is one of life’s true joys.”
Kailash Trek via Simikot Humla is an 18 day long trip filled with spirit of adventure begins from Kathmandu. The farmed holy peak Mount Kailash (Kangrinpoche) situated at the western part of Tibet has been considered sacred by Buddhists and Hindus for thousands of year. For the Hindus and Buddhists it is the center of the Universe. A pilgrimage to the mountain and round it is such a supreme goal for the faithful. In the ancient Bon religion of Tibet, Kailash was the sacred nine storey’s Swastika Mountain, upon which the Banpo founder Shenrab alighted from heaven. The 53 km Kailash circuit is the holist of all-Hindu as well as Buddhist pilgrimages and the beacon, which draws most travelers to western Tibet.
Our trek shall start with a flight to Nepalgunj from the capital city. From there we shall again take another flight to Simikot and the next day shall start with our first trekking through this amazing region until we reach Hilsa after some days of walking. The Mt. Kailash kora starts at the charm-free village of Darchen, opens up unending stretches of barren land, lush green valleys, snow capped peaks and pristine blue lakes, winding past mani walls and skirting the base of the Kailash massif. The average altitude of this trekking in Tibet is nearly 5,000m, so it is very a great challenge and requires strong perseverance. It is a true test of the mind and spirit. But simple accommodation and food are available on the trail, so hikers can enjoy the trek to their heart’s content. It is said that a single Parikarma erases the accumulated sins of a lifetime, while 108 circumbulation will achieve Salvation. It is easy to understand how pilgrimage, Travel overland for weeks or months, feels they are really approaching the center of the universe since ancient times. You can go through the famous Doma la pass, which is about 5600 meters above sea level. In spring or winter, you will not be able to go through that pass because it is always blocked by heavy snow and ice and it’s also very cold. Mt. Kailash has been revered as the source of four of the great rivers of Asia, fuelled by the waters of nearby holy Lake Manasarovar-Indus, Bramaputra (Tsangpo), Karnali (The sacred Ganges) have their sources within 60 miles of the Mountain.
The highlight of our Kailash Trek via Simikot Humla is the trekking route itself, which has about 54km of full round. Normally tourists prefer May to October as one of the best times to go for a trekking in this region. So if you want to trek here at Kailash region, summer and autumn is the best time to go there. One can go to this center of the universe by joining Sunny Travels & Tours so call us now and book a trip with our fabulous team.
Day 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1300m)
Day 02: Free day Chinese visa preparation
Day 03: Fly to Nepalgunj (560m) from Kathmandu 1 hrs.
Day 04: Fly to Simikot (2950m) 45m. free in Simikot
Day 05: Trek to Darapori (2600m) 3-4 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Salli Khola (2750m) 7-8 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Tumkot (3150m) 8-9 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Thadodunga (3950m) 9-10 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Hilsa and drive to Purang (3800m) 6-7 hrs.
Day 10: Drive to Thugo Manasarovar Lake (4580m) 3 hrs.
Day 11: Afternoon drive to Darboche(4660m) 1-1.5 hrs.
Day 12: Saga Dawa fullmoon Festival of Budha birth and enlightments
Day 13: Trek to Diraphuk (4800m) 6-7 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Zuthulphuk (4850m) 8-10 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to Darchen & drive to Purang and to Hilsa
Day 16: Trek to Halzi 8-9 hrs.
Day 17: Trek to Zang 2-3 hrs hrs. hotspring.
Day 18: Trek to Talung
Day 19: Trek to Chukrangma
Day 20: Trek to kermi
Day 21: Trek to Simikot
Day 22: Flight to Nepalgunj to Kathmandu
Day 23: Flight back home
What is Included in the Cost
THE ABOVE COST INCLUDES:
- Double sharing BB basis hotel in Kathmandu 4 Star hotel
- All airport pick up and drop services
- Double sharing Hotel on AP plan in Nepalgunj,
- Double / Triple sharing Hotel with meals in Simikot
- DDC charges and Upper Humla Trek permit fee USD 50+10 per person
- Sher porter charges
- Airfare to Simikot /KTM 2 ways USD 750 per person and Chinese visa fee
- Chinese visa fee and the Kailash permit
- Sightseeing by Japanese Land cruiser or Deluxe bus as per group size and Supporting truck for luggage,
- English speaking guide, Monastery entrance fee,
- Tibet alien travel permit, Yak and Yak man for Kailash Parikrama Luggage only
- Twin sharing basis guesthouse as per program.
- Supporting staff as per group sizes
- All meals, camping & cooking equipments
- Insurance for the Nepali staff
What is Excluded in the Cost
THE ABOVE COST EXCLUDES:
- Personal beverages and Photography charges.
- Insurance of the clients and Helicopter evacuation cost.
- Sightseeing, Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal equipments, sleeping bag, sleeping mat and water bottle
- Tips for supporting staff, guide, driver and cook
- Chinese visa fee excess for USA nationality USD 100 per person